Come meet our adoptable pets!
Cats: There are six cat cages we try to keep full all week and we put updates on facebook.
Dogs: If you would like to know whether a dog will be at an adoption event please check our facebook page the day of the adoption event for the dogs attending. You do not need to fill out an application to come visit a dog at our adoption event. If you are unable to attend the event or the dog is not being shown at the event, then an application is required to set up a meeting with the dog and foster.
Please review the following Dog Meeting Procedures before approaching a GRASP rescue dog during an adoption event:
- Please ask permission and make sure the dog handler approves and invites you to approach and pet the dog.
- Squat or crouch in front of the dog with your side facing the dog and allow them to approach you before attempting to pet them.
- This would be a good time to offer a treat if the handler has one to give you.
- Do not lean your body over, or reach your hand over, the dog's head. Rather, gently, pet the neck, back and side of body. Watch for signs of fear (tail tucked, backing away, staring you down, head lowered, body stiff) in the dog and back away if any of these signs are observed.
- Avoid staring directly into the dog's eyes.
- Do not make any sudden movements or loud noises as you approach the dog.
- Do not let your dog into the "personal space" of the GRASP dog.
- All dog to dog meet and greets are done outside the store.
- Thank you for your cooperation!