Donate Your Time
Coming together with others for the sole purpose of supporting GRASP in fulfilling it's mission is so rewarding! If you are an animal lover and you are a team player please join us! You choose the level of involvement you're comfortable with. All new volunteers are required to attend a one hour and fifteen minute Orientation Session.
The following are volunteer opportunities we currently need more help with. Training provided as needed.
- Dog Team: fosters, esepcially for large dogs, transporters, handlers and processing applications. Click here to fill out a dog team application of interest!
- Cat Team: fosters for cats of all ages.
- Fundraising: working events.
- May 2017 Plant Sale: potting plants the weeks leading up to event. No gardening experience needed!
- Adoption Events: working events at Petco Greece. Thursdays 6-8pm, Saturdays 11am-1pm or 1-3pm, last Sunday of the month 11am-1pm or 1-3pm.
- Cage Cleaning: substitute cleaners at Petco Greece and Pet World for morning or evenings shifts.
GRASP receives numerous requests from students needing to fulfull community service hours. We are not able to accomodate these requests internally. Students can, however, work independently and coordinate a collection drive uisng our wish list. We always need supplies! We can then arrange for a time to have the donations dropped off at Petco Greece during an adoption event and we'll take a photo for posting on facebook and this website!
Volunteers at GRASP events and/or in contact with GRASP dogs must be 18 years of age or older.
Volunteers 16-17 years of age may volunteer at a GRASP event with an attending adult GRASP volunteer.
Volunteers under 16 years of age attending a GRASP event must be accompanied by their parent/guardian. This parent/guardian must agree to be an active participant in the volunteer experience and work alongside their son/daughter to complete the task.